Friday, December 13, 2019

December 9th - 13th


'Tis the Season!  

This week the kindergarten class continues to work on the Christmas show.  We have been singing the songs and learning our places on stage.  However, we have made time to understand the true meaning of Christmas!  We read the story, The Best Thing About Christmas by Christine Harder Tangvald.  It's a story about all of the wonderful things that go along with Christmas, like the decorations and colors of Christmas, smells like turkey in the oven and cookies baking at Grandmom's house, and the sounds of Christmas like bells and carols!  These are all great things about Christmas, but what's the best thing?  Jesus!  The day we celebrate Jesus' birthday!  Our class did our own journal entry of what we think the best thing about Christmas is.  Yes, it's Jesus but check out some of our other ideas!


"The best thing about Christmas is Santa Claus.  He brings us toys.  Santa Claus is happy and he works hard."  ~ Kellan

"The best thing about Christmas is getting presents.  I love giving people presents because it makes them feel happy."
 ~ Foster
"The best thing about Christmas is having dinner with my family.  We decorate the Christmas tree together." ~ Roman

"The best thing about Christmas is opening presents with my family.  We drink hot chocolate together and checking out the things in my stocking."  ~ Lucy
"The best thing about Christmas is my Christmas tree.  I love that it is shiny.  I love getting presents and toys."  ~Charity

"The best thing about Christmas is sharing presents with my baby brother.  I love to decorate the Christmas tree."  ~ Lily
"The best thing about Christmas is presents.  I like getting stuff.  I like the Christmas tree because I get to help decorate it with ornaments."  ~ Truman

"The best thing about Christmas is presents.  I like to get toys.  And I like to celebrate Jesus' birthday.  Santa gives us presents but God gave us Jesus."  ~ Nora
"The best thing about Christmas is coming down the stairs, seeing the Christmas tree and the presents.  I love seeing so many surprises."  ~ Scarlett

"The best thing about Christmas is the Christmas tree.  It has lights and bells and presents.  It has a pretty start at the top.  Santa puts the presents under the tree."  ~ Jurnee
"The best thing about Christmas is Baby Jesus.  We celebrate his birthday on Christmas day by giving presents.  I like getting presents."  ~ Vincent

"The best thing about Christmas is giving a present to my dad and he gives me one back.  He gets me anything I like and I feel happy."  ~ Austin
"The best thing about Christmas is getting presents.  It's fun to do.  I also like to have dessert with my family.  Ice cream sandwiches are my favorite."  ~ Davis

"The best thing about Christmas is spending time with my family.  We like to bake cookies and decorate the Christmas tree."  ~ Karly
"The best thing about Christmas is Santa bringing my presents and putting up the Christmas tree with my parents.  I love having my family to help me."  ~ Kayley

"The best thing about Christmas is Baby Jesus.  We celebrate his birthday.  He grows up and tells people to be kind."  ~ Mira
"The best thing about Christmas is Baby Jesus got presents.  It was nice he got them."  ~ Ethen

"The best thing about Christmas is driving in the car and seeing all the decorations.  I love seeing presents under the tree.  Breakfast Christmas morning is pancakes with sprinkles.  I love the snow and my family."  ~ Braela

"The best thing about Christmas is presents.  Santa Claus brings me presents.  I like to decorate the Christmas tree.  We put a star at the top of the tree."  ~ Marcus


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care......



A little sneak peek of the Lower School and Early Childhood practicing for the show!


A special thank you to Lily's mom for coming into kindergarten to celebrate Lily's birthday by reading a story to the class.  We really enjoyed the story!




Reminders about the Christmas Show:
Wednesday, December 18th - show begins at 6:00 p.m.
(Students must arrive at 5:30 p.m.)

Students must wear the clothes that were assigned to them.  A reminder note will be sent home next week.  They will wear those clothes again on Thursday for Grandparents Day.
Thursday, December 19th.  (Grandparents Only)


EVENTS AND REMINDERS

Gym Days next week:  Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Friday, December 20th - School-wide pizza lunch
If you have not handed in your money for pizza, please do so ASAP.

Friday, December 20th - Last Day of school before break.

Christmas Break
December 22nd - January 6th
School Resumes - Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Have a great weekend!
Sharon DeBardino







May 23rd - 26th

  Everybody's family is special! Thank you so much for spending the morning with us at the Early Childhood Celebration! The students had...